But to update briefly:
— Inaugration was insane. We had our best week by a lot and were packed. All the time. For 5 days straight. Good times but so tired afterwards.
— As a needed break after the craziness of Inauguration week, I went to visit the parents where they now live in Oklahoma. Oklahoma is a pretty boring place but it was a nice break from the constant busy pace of life in DC. And I got to do some serious cooking with Mom. The parsnip soup...oh my lord, the parsnip soup.
— Life outside of the restaurant has been tough: breakup, moving, stress, stress and more stress. But, thanks in large part to the fact that the staff at Granville's is the best surrogate family I could ever hope for, I am surviving.
— Had a chef meeting the other week that involved my new plan to really step up our game. We were left off the Washingtonian 100 Best Restaurants list and, well, I was pissed. Next year, Washingtonian, next year.
More to come later this week hopefully as I start to get big details like where I will live sorted out (that one's pretty crucial).
3 comments:
break ups suck. i mean a lot!
i hope to visit DC soon and I plan on coming to your restaurant.
Aww! I'm sorry that things have been so terrible for you! Hopefully you were able to rest with your parents. And parsnip soup sounds AWESOME!
You will get onto that list next year! Keep your chin up!
And breakups are always hard. Been there, done that---seven years wasted, but knowing what I know now, I'm glad I went through it. Not that you should necessarily feel the same. :)
All the best-
Sarah
thinking about you and still enjoying your blog. but most of all looking forward to the day we go out, get drunk, and share kitchen stories...
c
Post a Comment